A little project
I bought the paint for this project a while ago. Like… July.
I am efficient that way.
But this is the spring break of Getting Stuff Done. So, I bravely covered our teeny balcony with a drop cloth and turned this…
With the bright white door/trim, and the cream colored walls, the original off white of this piece just looked dirty in this apartment. So I read this, and after
eight months of a little procrastination, jumped right in.
Things I learned:
- Wipe down whatever you’re painting more than once before you start. You can’t see all the dust, but the spray paint will find it.
- A cheap plastic drop cloth will blow everywhere and stick to what you’re painting. Use cardboard.
- Buy a package of latex gloves. Remember to wear them. Wear tall socks, too.
- As an addendum to the previous item, a light dusting of navy blue spray paint on ones ankle looks remarkably like a really awful bruise.
- Take a before picture, or you’ll wind up using one from five Christmases ago.
- I ♥ spray paint!