Fill in the Blank Friday
1. The last thing I ate was this Sweet Potato Veggie Lasagna. SO FREAKING GOOD.
2. The next thing I’d like to eat is hot chocolate chip cookies. But this is the summer to lose the almost 30 pounds I’ve gained since we got married, so AWESOME VEGGIE LASAGNA IT IS! Not depriving myself, just valuing nourishment over pure pleasure.
3. The best things in life are chocolate chip cookies. One track mind, right now. (: Besides those, friends who can make you laugh when you want to cry.
4. Something that makes me supremely and utterly happy is the mentorships/friendships I’ve formed with some of my students this year. The girls I’m closest with are going into their senior year, and they’re well on their way to becoming amazing, inspiring adults. I always tell them that I adore them now, but I can’t wait to be friends with them 10 years from now.
5. Sports are only something that has interested me recently. I’m not athletic (was a dancer, once upon a time…), and I don’t really love watching professional sports, BUT: I LOVE watching my students play what they love. I know kind of a lot about so-cal high school football these days.
6. I miss my teacher besties! Two of the girls I spend the most time with are out of town, and I have no one to lay by the pool with. sad dot com slash left out (If you’ve never watched Very Mary Kate, CLICK THE LINK.)
7. Right now I am a) reading blogs, drinking mediocre wine, and listening to O Brother Where Art Thou from the other room, and b) thankful that Saturdays are for cycling and the farmer’s market, and not for teaching summer school. (: