I’ve been having such a lovely summer, it turns out these are my most frequent posts! I’ll update about our anniversary and 4th of July soon, but for now…
Fill in the blank Friday, hosted by the little things we do.
1. My plans this summer include teaching summer school (ONE MORE DAY!), meeting my best friend from high school and her adorable family at the beach, turning 29 (eeek!), a week-long math education/technology workshop at Pepperdine, re-creating ALL my lesson plans for my new SMARTboard, designing pretty posters for my classroom, lots of time in a pool cabana with a good book or seven.
2. The best summer I ever had was …strangely enough, the one where we were both unemployed! We had to be really creative with our money, and it was kind of fun. Lots of time outdoors.
3. Summer is …farmer’s market fruit, iced tea, flip-flop tans, not blowdrying my hair, birthday and anniversary celebrations, time with my nieces, new-school-year dreaming and planning
4. My favorite summer food is …corn on the cob, with lime juice and cayenne pepper. Or watermelon, with a dash of sea salt. Or raspberries, or white nectarines, or…
5. The best way to quench a summer thirst is with …water with cucumber and mint.
6. My summer uniform consists of …light, breezy dresses, flip-flops, shorts and espadrille wedges, monogrammed canvas tote bags, lots of stripes, leather bracelets.
7. The best thing about summer is … new years resolutions, part two. Because I’m a teacher, summer is when I both have time to make changes to my habits and diet, and also when I plan for the following school year. I love the feeling of starting out fresh, again! Spending my birthday by the pool isn’t bad either. (: